Transferring to Leading Edge Aviation
In the past few years, Leading Edge has seen an influx of students transfer from other degree programs and flight providers to Leading Edge and our college partners for a variety of reasons. If you find yourself currently attending a flight program and want to discuss your options for transfer, please give us a call. Changing schools is a big decision for any student; Leading Edge Aviation’s Admissions Department will work with you to determine the best course of action.
Reasons Students transfer to LEA:
- An impeccable safety record- far below the industry standard of 6 accidents /100,000 hours flown
- A management team of pilots- with over 37,000 cumulative hours and 100+ years in the industry, we know what it takes to prepare you for a career in aviation
- Flexible scheduling- LEA students are guaranteed a minimum of 3 flight blocks per week, additional blocks are scheduled at the student’s request
- Ability to fly ALL YEAR ROUND! With 300+ days of sunshine a year, LEA students can fly consistently throughout 4 seasons
- Knowledgeable, kind and helpful Admissions Department
- Access to mountains and desert within close proximity
- Ability to train in both Helicopters and Airplanes
- Unique and challenging Advanced Courses- Turbine, Mountain, External Load, Night Vision Goggle, Multi Engine
- There is not currently a waiting list
Leading Edge will provide Transfer Students with up to $500 in relocation reimbursement if their flight school is closing or has a waiting list. (Some restrictions apply, please ask for more information, must provide receipts or proof of purchase)
Our Admissions Department has years of flight school admissions experience and, if determined a good fit, can make the transfer process seamless.
Click the links to go right to the page:
- COCC’s Transfer Information Page
- Apply for Admission to COCC
- Add COCC’s school code to your FAFSA
- Submit Form to Transfer VA Benefits
Leading Edge Aviation also offers fixed wing training under the COCC Aviation Program. Additional information can be found here.
AAS Degrees from COCC can be transferred to a number of universities toward a Bachelor of Science Degree.