M1 Visa Flight Training
Leading Edge Aviation is proud to provide helicopter flight training for students utilizing the M1 Visa. As an approved M1 Visa school, Leading Edge Aviation provides international students the opportunity to train in a world class environment while gaining valuable experience in mountain operations and taking advantage of 300 days of sunshine per year.
Requirements & Details
Leading Edge Aviation is pleased that you are considering training with us in Bend, Oregon. We welcome applications from qualified students from other countries. The general admission requirements are identical for all applicants, regardless of citizenship. However, immigration regulations, varying educational backgrounds and financial considerations require additional procedures necessary for international students.
Leading Edge Aviation is authorized to enroll and train non-immigrant foreign students. We do this through the M-1 visa program. Being accepted to our Flight School does not guarantee entrance to the United States.
It is important to understand the requirements of the US government regarding the M1 Visa. The U.S. has updated its visa policies to increase security for our citizens and visitors. For details that may apply specifically to your country, see information posted by your nearest consulate or embassy at http://usembassy.state.gov. It is possible that it will take you longer to get a visa than it used to, and you will find that a few new security measures have been put into place. Here are the basic steps you should follow and what you can expect throughout the process. Please understand that there will be individual differences, depending on your personal situation.
Please visit www.usavisa.com, an official source of information about U.S. visa policy and procedures. Use this site to learn about the visa application process, understand current requirements, and get updates on recent developments.
Advantages/Privileges of the M-1 Visa
- You may be issued an M-1 Visa for up to one year. Extensions beyond one year may be granted under certain conditions.
- Visas are available for accompanying dependents.
Limitations of the M-1 Visa
- You are not permitted to change your course of study.
- You and your dependents may not work in the U.S.- No employment until you have completed training. Employment can only be Optional Practical Training
- You may not be granted more than one Leave of Absence during your training and it may not exceed 30 days.
- Enroll in a full course of study at the beginning of every session-18-22 clock hours per week
- Consult with PDSO (Abby Heller) before dropping below a full course of study for any reason: only reason can be due to medical reason
- Notify your P/DSO (Abby Heller) prior to traveling outside the United States
- Proof of English Language Proficiency is required.